Where are the mobile speed cameras in Gloucestershire?
Mobile speed cameras are being deployed in Gloucestershire with the aim of promoting road safety.
There are five locations the Camera Application Team (CET) is scheduled to visit at least once a week for the remainder of November.
The sites are spread throughout the county and include locations in Gloucester, Cheltenham, the Forest of Dean and the Cotswolds.
READ MORE: Brecon trapped caver was ‘absolutely brilliant’, says Gloucestershire rescuer
Below, you can also see where motorists were picked up in October – and what they were caught doing.
Mobile speed detection vans locations
- Welford Road, Whelford (30 mph)
- Beachley Road, Sedbury (20 mph)
- Bath Road, Eastington (30 mph)
- B4008 Bristol Road, Olympus Park (30 mph)
- New Barn Lane, Prestbury (30 mph)
The Mobile Camera Enforcement Unit said the presence of radar will reduce risk to road users, as motorists are encouraged to drive at a lower and safer speed.
Check out our best content through our dedicated smartphone apps and stay up to date with all of our news, including the latest on crime, business, travel and weather.
You can also read all of our latest What’s On content and entertainment stories.
A simple quick download and you can read our content on the go without being online.
See only the news that interests you – just select the topics you want to show on the app’s home page.
More importantly, you can now receive push notifications on your mobile, which will appear on your screen as a text message.
To get the Gloucestershire Live app, visit the App Store here for iOS devices, and the Google Play Store here to download the app for Android.
He adds: “This will help improve the quality of life for people living in these areas and improve road safety for all who use them. “
The mobile vans are operated by Gloucestershire Police and support the Police and Crime Commissioners’ plan priority of ‘safe and social driving’.
Mobile speed sensing vans operate at more than 80 sites across the county and prioritize site activity by examining speed and accident data, including information received from communities.
In order to reduce speeding tickets in areas of the county, priority sites will be announced each month.
Visits to other sites will continue but the focus will be on advertised locations.
Where people were taken in October
- Chemin Estcourt, Gloucester (40 mph) 54; 1 using a cell phone, 11 not wearing a seat belt and 2 incorrect registration marks.
- Bracelands, Eastcombe (30 mph) 36; 1 incorrect vehicle registration mark (VRM).
- Greet Road, Winchcombe (30 mph) 15; 3 are not wearing seat belts and 1 incorrect VRM.
- A417 Gloucester Road, course (30 mph) 25; 2 using cell phones and 9 not wearing seat belts.
- Grove Lane, Cirencester (40 mph) 48; 1 is not wearing a seat belt.
And it’s not just mobiles that you need to be aware of, as there are a number of community priority sites out there as well.
Priority community sites (location and speed limits)
- Prestbury Road, Cheltenham (30 mph)
- Tommy Taylors Lane, Cheltenham (30)
- Church Way, Leckhampton (30)
- The Reddings, Cheltenham (30)
- Warden Hill Road, Cheltenham (30)
- Leckhampton Road, Cheltenham (30)
- Chemin Stoke, Tredington (30)
- Chemin Gretton, Prescott (60)
- Down Hatherley Lane, Down Hatherley (30)
- Boddington Lane, Staverton (30)
Get the best stories about the things you love most curated by us and delivered to your inbox every day. Choose what you like here
- Lobleys Drive, Abbeymead (30)
- Upton Lane, Abbeymead (30)
- Heron Road, Abbeydale (30)
- The Wheat Lane, Abbeymead (30)
- Sandhurst Street, Gloucester (30)
- Forest of Dean and West Gloucester
- A4136 Gloucester Road, Mitcheldean (South) (30)
- A4136 Gloucester Road, Mitcheldean (North) (30)
- B4227 Valley Road, Cinderford (30)
- B4215 Roman road, Dymock (30)
- B4221 Gorsley (40)
- B4215 Dymock (30)
Forest of Dean
- A48 Main Road, Alvington (30)
- Gloucester Road, Tutshill (30)
- Rodborough Hill, Stroud (30)
- A46 Painswick (Rugby Club) (30)
- B4066 Berkeley Heath (40)
- B4070 Village Birdlip (30)
- A419 Cirencester Road, Minchinhampton (30)
- Calf Way, The Camp (30)
- B4014 Long Newnton (30)
- A433 London Road, Tetbury (40)
- B4014 Hampton Street, Tetbury (30)
- A417 London Road, Cirencester (30)
- A361 chemin de la gare, Lechlade (30)
- B4035 Station Road, Chipping Campden (30)
- A429 Moreton in the Marshes (30)
- A44 Bourton on the hill (30)
- A417 St John’s Street, Lechlade (30)
This is where the fixed cameras are located in Gloucestershire, all year round
- A4173 Brookthorpe
- A430 Bristol Road via Permalli Industrial Estate, Gloucester
- Bristol Road by Morelands Industrial Estate
- Finlay Road, Gloucester
- Eastern Avenue near the ambulance station, Gloucester
- Eastern Avenue, near the TA Center and the Royal Mail, Gloucester
- London Road (round trip), Gloucester
Forest of Dean
- A40 Bird antlers
- A40 Huntley near Solomon’s Tump
- A48 Chaxhill near Westbury-on-Severn
- A48 Highbank, Minsterworth
- A48, main road, Alvington
- A48 Minsterworth near primary school
- A48 Walmore Hill, Minsterworth
- A48 Woolaston
- B4215 Highnam
- Gloucester Road, Stratton
- A429 Foss Cross near Chedworth
- A429 Lower felling
- A4019 Tewkesbury Road near St Peter’s Church, Cheltenham
- A4135 Kingshill, Dursley
- A38 Cambridge
- A38 Whitminster at the junction to School Lane and Grove Lane, Gloucestershire
- A419 Cainscross Road near the junction to Lodgemore Lane, Stroud
Get all the stories you love straight to your inbox. Sign up for the Gloucestershire / Herefordshire daily newsletter today here.