Ohio Forestry Association Announces Open Application Period for Conservation Education Grant Program – Ohio Ag Net
The Ohio Forestry Association Foundation has always supported educational projects throughout Ohio. These grants will generally be small in scale and are designed to help an organization with a project, with a maximum individual grant amount of $2,500. Applications will be accepted between September 12 and October 14 this year, with grants being selected and announced by December 1 for funding to be used in the following calendar year. See full grant program details, including application details and instructions, or view the printable application.
Here are some examples of past grant recipients:
- $750 to support a wood art festival
- $1,000 to help fund the development, printing and distribution of Invasive Species Calendars
- $1,000 to help fund the purchase of a portable sawmill for a natural resource class at a career center
- $1,000 to sponsor a forestry station during a State Envirothon
- $1,000 to help fund an educational trip for college forestry students
- $1,500 to sponsor a 4-H carpentry day at a state fair.
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has announced that it is awarding $25 million to conservation partners…