NCFA Successfully Concludes Leading FinTech and Financing Conference in Canada FFCON21: Breaking the Barriers
Congratulations to the winners of the 2021 Fintech Draft pitching competition Agryo and Copia Wealth Studios
TORONTO, ON / ACCESS WIRE / June 4, 2021 – The National Crowdfunding & Fintech Association of Canada (NCFA), the interagency nonprofit organization that promotes and supports fintech and finance across Canada, has successfully concluded its 7th Annual Flagship Fintech and Funding Conference – FFCON21 in partnership with Toronto Finance International (TFI), which took place in digital from May 11 to 13, 2021.
The conference titled “Breaking Barriers” focused on the future of finance and society, exploring a wide range of topics reflecting the growth and emerging challenges that the Canadian fintech industry must overcome to achieve adoption. massive and large-scale. Through more than 25 hours of keynotes, moderated panels, VIP workshops and an impactful pitch competition, the conference facilitated discussions and the sharing of new ideas and thoughts on trends, innovations and the landscape. regulatory shaping regulation, fintech, blockchain, digital banking, payments, AI, capital markets, digital assets and alternative finance sectors.
Founders and innovators, industry experts, investors, regulators, lawyers and many more shared their perspectives, successes and challenges, providing invaluable insight to help Canadian and global businesses to build stronger, more competitive and responsible entities that will shape the future of finance and society.
FFCON21 broke its own barriers this year with 130 world-renowned speakers from a wide range of public and private sectors, including two Canadian government ministers, a political champion, the Canadian Senator and Sophia – the world-renowned humanoid robot. . The 560 registered participants participated in 400 hours of targeted networking meetings throughout the three days of the conference. The full list of influential FFCON21 speakers can be found here.
Highlights of FFCON21:
- Day 1: May 11 focused on ‘Breaking down barriers and digital innovation‘and showcased thought leadership and leading finance and finance companies pushing the boundaries of adoption of crypto, cloud banking and security, data rights, alternative assets and innovations IPOs such as Versabank, Stablecorp Inc. Coinpayments, Forward Security Inc., Intellect Design, Localcoin, Invest Hong Kong and SuperWorld.
- Day 2: the May 12 program was devoted to ‘Growth and conservation‘designed to help businesses innovate, get started, improve productivity, scale and become more competitive on a global scale. A multitude of topics were presented covering everything from Gen Z opportunities to HR and digital identity perspectives from leading companies such as Holt Accelerator, University of Waterloo, Mambu, Liquid Avatar Technologies. A series of gripping demos have also been delivered by pioneering Whelp, CPQi and MinervaAI.
- Day 3: On May 13, the participants widened their scope to go beyond geographic boundaries and contemplate the daily theme of ‘Global future‘which covered topics ranging from the role of Fintech in climate change and net zero to the rise of China (and the US response), global regulatory trends, CBDCs and how emerging technologies such as Blockchain and NFT can be used for the greater good. Partner companies featured included VoPay, Power & Mobility and TAAL.
- The top-notch content of FFCON21 included VIP masterclasses and fireside conversations from industry experts who gave attendees in-depth insight into the rise of Decentralized Finance (DeFi), the anatomy of applications DeFi, the evolving regulatory landscape for digital assets, the future of Web 3.0, and the future. is valid for FinTech.
- The conference also provided a plethora of mentoring and business networking opportunities with its popular “Ask an Expert” and Speed Dating series designed to connect industry experts and investors with companies and attendees. looking for information and opportunities to support their continued growth.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2021 Fintech Draft pitching competition
The event also showcased the second annual Fintech 2021 project designed to identify, promote and reward emerging and high-growth fintech start-ups and scale-ups. Among the exceptional competing companies, the organizers wish to congratulate:
Agrio – (Global Winner) – A global provider of risk intelligence that enables financial institutions to assess and manage financial risk at the crop field level for underwriting agricultural insurance, loans and trade finance at worldwide ; as well as achieving sustainability goals.
Copia Wealth Studios – (People’s Choice) – A financial intelligence platform that uses modern design and machine learning to aggregate all investments (including alternatives and illiquid assets) into one sleek view.
NFT “Fintech for Good” charity auction
FFCON21 also saw the launch of the conference’s first charity auction held this year to benefit CanadaHelps COVID-19 Healthcare & Hospital Fund, an organization that supports more than 110 hospital foundations across Canada that respond urgent needs in response to COVID-19.
The auction, which kicked off during the event will run through June 6 this year, features one-time digital donations from artists and organizations including Liquid Avatar, Pierre Bourque, Blockchain Intelligence Group, SuperWorld and Nathan. McCrorey. Collectors interested in owning an exceptional #NFT can access the auction and bid on items on Blockparty’s new NFT Marketplace using this link.
The organizers also welcome donations from artists, individuals or companies who wish to support this noble cause.
The NCFA FFCON conference, held virtually May 11-13, continues to be the largest and most influential Fintech conference in Canada.
To view the FFCON21 Highlights video, please visit https://fintechandfunding.com/.
The organizers especially thank all the participants, conference partners, speakers, companies and volunteers who helped make FFCON21 an informative and memorable event.
About the CNFA
The National Crowdfunding & Fintech Association (NCFA) is a financial innovation ecosystem that provides education, market intelligence, industry stewardship, networking and funding services and services to thousands of members of the community and works closely with industry, government, partners and affiliates to create an innovative and innovative FinTech and finance industry in Canada. Decentralized and distributed, NCFA is engaged with global stakeholders and helps incubate projects and investments in the sectors of fintech, alternative finance, crowdfunding, peer-to-peer finance, payments, digital assets and tokens, blockchain and cryptocurrency, Regtech and Insuretech. To learn more about NCFA, visit www.ncfacanada.org
FFCON (Fintech and Financing Conference) is an annual conference organized by the National Crowdfunding and Fintech Association (NCFA) of Canada. Now in its seventh year, FFCON21 has brought together professionals and innovators from fintech, blockchain, cryptocurrency, and alternative finance. More information on the lecture series is available at www.fintechandfunding.com
Founder and CEO, NCFA
Public relations on the top floor
See the source version on accesswire.com: