Angry teachers threaten to close union offices over ‘1 teacher, 1 laptop’ policy

General information for Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Source: starrfm.com.gh

2021-12-15

Angry teachers during the protest

Group of teachers angry at deductions from their welfare funds for the purchase of laptops to facilitate their jobs threatens to shut down all union offices if their money is not returned by the end of December .

Teachers who are now marching through the various offices of teachers’ unions to assert their demands say the deduction is not fair. The march takes place in the capital Accra.

Working with teachers’ unions, the government began distributing laptops to all teachers in public schools in September across the country.

Launching the initiative dubbed “One Teacher, One Laptop”, Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia said the project should help improve the quality of education.

He said teachers will bear 30 percent of the cost while the government will absorb the remaining 70 percent.

n November, jointly sued the Ghana Education Service (GES), the Attorney General and the Ministry of Education for a decision to award an initiative contract to the 1st defendant, KA Technologies Ghana Limited.

The complainants request that the sole source contract awarded to K. A Technologies Ghana Limited be rescinded as it is contrary to sections 40 a, b, c, d and e of the Public Procurement Act 2003 (Act 663), among which other claims.


Source link

Comments are closed.